When you browse our webpages and online-store, we automatically receive some information from you like your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address and information that may helps us learn what browser and operating system you are using.
And when you purchase product(s) from our online-store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and shall ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the laws of Hong Kong. In many cases we may well go beyond the mere requirements of law for your benefit.
We, that’s us, the team of JTLK Limited, a company registered in Hong Kong with our web presence at https://jtlk.net.
In plain English:
Our interest is to sell our products and NOT to collect, store, aggregate or sell any data of you, our customers. We use the information you provide only to facilitate the services required to sell and ship the product(s) you purchase from us.
After all, we are on one side providing and operating our webspace and on the other side we are also users of the internet and it’s various services. And since we expect to be treated fair and honest and have our privacy respected, we shall also treat you and your data with that same level of expectation.
Only with your explicit agreement will we use your information for any potential marketing campaign to provide you with information on our online-store, new products or other updates, e.g. via email.
Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
This PICS is issued pursuant to the PDPO (Personal Data Privacy Ordinance) in relation to the operation of our online-store by JTLK Limited (referred to as “we” or “us”).
- This PICS is last updated on the Effective Date.
- DefinitionsUnder this PICS, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
2.1. “Database” means the database of our customers’ Personal Data. 2.2. “Effective Date” means 1st March 2019. 2.3. “PDPO” means the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). 2.4. “Personal Data” has the meaning ascribed to it under the PDPO. 2.5. “Our Website” www.jtlk.net 2.6. “Registered Customer” means our customer who has registered for an account in Our Website. 2.7. “Retail Goods or Services” means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): food, water & beverages, restaurants, catering, groceries, household products, general merchandise, health & beauty, lifestyle, wine and liquor, stationery, books and paper products, toys, textiles, fashion accessories, bags & luggage, jewellery, watches, furniture, office supplies, sports & leisure equipment, phones & mobile devices, electronics & electrical appliances, computer software and games, music, and educational products and services.
Personal Data: what we collect and why
- In order for you to become a Registered Customer and to enjoy our various products and services, it is necessary for you to provide us with certain essential Personal Data as indicated at the time of collection. We may also ask for other information which helps us to offer you tailored products and services that we think may be of interest to you. The types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, shopping preferences and hobbies.
- We shall have the right to collect, hold, process and/or use, the Personal Data in the Database in each case for the purposes as set out in, and in accordance with, this PICS. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with complete and correct Personal Data, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide our products and services to you.
- You agree that the Personal Data you provide to us and all information relating to the use of Our Website may be used and retained by us for:
5.1. processing your application as a Registered Customer; 5.2. providing you with our services; 5.3. the normal management, operation, and maintenance of Our Website; 5.4. providing you with regular communications from us with details of our online-store and/or products and relevant benefits; 5.5. providing you with Retail Goods or Services which you have requested; 5.6. processing your order for purchases at our Online-Store, including verifying your payment details/status; 5.7. carrying out prize draws, games or competitions which you have entered; 5.8. designing new or improving existing services provided by us or our affiliates to you; 5.9. investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement; 5.10. prevention or detection of crime; and 5.11. disclosure as required by law;
- With your consent or indication of no objection, we may use your Personal Data for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future) in relation to offers and promotions from us and/or our affiliates.
- The types of data we may collect from you when you visit the Sites include:
– information about the type of browser you use;
– details of the web pages you have viewed;
– your IP address;
– the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
– the websites you visited before arriving at our Site.
- You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our Sites.
- You have the right to:
10.1. check whether we hold any of your Personal Data; 10.2. access your Personal Data held by us; 10.3. require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate; 10.4. ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us; 10.5. opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by email) and addressed to:
JTLK – Customer Services Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
- We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
- Our Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.